Welcome to the Alberni Valley
Community - Nature - Recreation
Investor Alert! Two storey home near John Howitt school. Upstairs offers 960 sqft, 2 bedrooms and an open floor plan. Downstairs is a fully self-contained 780 sqft one bedroom suite with private entrance. Shared laundry in basement. Also has a 12 x 21, 250 sqft garage/workshop for storage, rental or projects. If you are looking for a home with rental income on a large corner lot, this could be the buy for you...
Backyard Oasis! You'll find this charming 3 bed plus den, 1 bath home on a large landscaped corner lot. The main floor features a spacious living room with warm fir floors and large sun washed windows, updated kitchen with hand crafted cabinet doors, formal dining room, master bedroom and updated 4 pc bath. Upstairs boasts 2 large bedrooms and a bright den with beautiful mountain views. The partly finished ba...Listed by RE/MAX of Nanaimo - Dave Koszegi Group
Check out this quality built rancher with views in the Lyall Pt. subdivision. This impeccably kept 2 bedroom plus den home has everything you need with a low maintenance lifestyle for executives, retirees and snow birds. The front entry opens to a open concept living room, kitchen and dining area as well as the den/office. You can relax in the living room in front of the gas fireplace and large front windows ...
North Port Family Home. This attractive looking family home is located in Port Alberni's most preferred neighbourhood within walking distance to parks and ball fields. Spacious living room has natural gas fireplace and newer engineered hardwood floors. Kitchen is updated and offers an eating nook and sliding glass doors onto the deck overlooking the backyard. Situated on large 66 x 115 level lot. Close to Ele...Listed by RE/MAX Mid-Island Realty
Lot #11 is a massive 14,348 sqft building lot in the exclusive Anderson Hill planned community development. Lot #11 is a 0.326 acre triangular lot with 36' frontage on Parkview Crescent and a whopping 165' at the rear. This beautiful lot faces southwest and the rear of the lot is perched on a gently sloping ridge for views of the Beaufort Range. The rear of the lot has mature trees for privacy. This is a rare...
Lot #1 is a 8,677 sq ft building lot in the exclusive Anderson Hill planned community development. Lot #1 is a 69'x 126' corner lot with frontage on Parkview Crescent, siding on 16th Avenue and backing on to the North Park Drive ROW. This gorgeous lot is slightly elevated and sloped offering a unique lot for your customized home design. 16th Avenue provides additional street parking for family and guests. Don...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Darren has been a licenced Realtor since 2007. His practice is built on serving private, institutional and corporate accounts in selling or acquiring strategic real estate properties. Darren prides himself on providing professional, confidential real estate services for investors who desire friendly personal service.